Jetstar Pacific is the first low cost airline in Vietnam, officially opened in May 2008. Currently, we fly to 33 domestic and international destinations with the modern Airbus A320 fleet. Jetstar Pacific is currently operating 18 Airbus A320 aircraft and will expand its fleet to 30 Airbus A320 aircraft by 2020.
Jetstar Pacific is owned by two major shareholders. Vietnam Airlines owns 70% of the shares and Qantas Group owns 30% of the shares
Jetstar’s mission is to offer low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often. Since we launched in Australia in 2004, we’ve carried more than 250 million passengers.
We have one of the Asia Pacific’s largest low fares networks by revenue. Jetsatr-branded carriers operate more than 5,000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations.
The group consists of:
Jetstar Airways in Australia and New Zealand, wholly owned by the Qantas Group.
Jetstar Asia Airways, based in Singapore and managed by Newstar Holdings, majority-owned by Singapore companys Westbrook Investments (51 per cent), with the Qantas Group holding the remaining 49 per cent.
Jetstar Pacific Airlines, based in Vietnam and majority-owned by Vietnam Airlines with the Qantas Group holding 30 per cent.
Jetstar Japan, a partnership between the Qantas Group, Japan Airlines, Mitsubishi Corporation and Tokyo Century Corporation.
The Jetstar Group Chief Executive Officer is Gareth Evans.
Jetstar Group fleet
Boeing 787 Dreamliner:
Jetstar’s international long haul services are serviced by a fleet of Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Jetstar’s 787-8s are configured with 21 seats in Business and 314 seats in Economy.
Jetstar Boeing 787-8 fleet specification
Number in fleet:
11 Jetstar Airways (JQ)
The Airbus A320 can carry 180 passengers within Australia and New Zealand and on flights within Asia. It offers the widest cabin of any single-aisle aircraft in the sky.
The A320 is a proven and reliable aircraft with low operating costs, which means more savings for our customers. It also has the lowest fuel burn, emissions and noise footprint of any aircraft in its class.
Jetstar A320 fleet specification
Number in fleet:
53 Jetstar Airways (JQ)
18 Jetstar Asia (3K)
22 Jetstar Japan (GK)
8 Jetstar Pacific (BL)
The Airbus A321 is a longer variant of the A320, and can carry between 220 to 230 passengers.
Jetstar A321 fleet specification
Number in fleet:
8 Jetstar Airways (JQ)
Jetstar’s regional New Zealand services are operated by a fleet of Bombardier Q300 aircraft. Jetstar’s Q300s can carry 50 passengers.
Jetstar Q300 fleet specification
Number in fleet:
5 operated by Eastern Australia Airlines for Jetstar Airways (JQ)
We know just how important it is for Jetstar to be an airline you can rely on. We are always working hard to make sure our flights depart and arrive safely, and on time.We collect performance data from all our flights using the Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS).
We're proud to have been recognised by our customers and respected industry leaders as one of the best low cost carriers in the Asia Pacific region.Here are some of our awards:
- Best Low-Cost Airline - Australia/Pacific 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 and 2011 (Skytrax)
- Partner of the Year 2012 (Changi Airline Awards)
- Top 5 Airlines by Absolute Growth in Cargo Carriage 2012 (Changi Airline Awards)
- Best International Budget Airline 2011 (About.com Readers’ Choice Award)
- Best Low-Cost Airline - Australasia 2009 (Skytrax)
- Top 5 Carriers for Passenger Growth 2009 (Changi Airline Awards)
- Low-Cost Carrier of the Year 2008, 2007 (CAPA)
- Best Low-Cost Airline Asia Pacific 2008 (Budgie$)
- Best Low-Cost Airline - Worldwide 2007 (Skytrax)
- Best Cabin Crew - Australia and New Zealand 2007 (Skytrax)
- Operational Excellence 2007 (Airline Business)
- Top 10 safest LCCs in the world by airlineratings.com (2018, 2017)
- 8th most punctual airline in the world (OAG Punctuality League 2018)
- Best Low Cost Carrier (Travel Weekly Asia 2017)
- Best Budget Airline in Asia (SmartTravelAsia.Com 2017)
- Five Star-Rating for On-Time-Performance (OAG 2017)
- Top 5 Airlines by Passenger Carriage (Changi Airline Awards 2017)
- Top 10 Airlines by Passenger Carriage - Changi Airline Awards 2007 – 2015
- AsiaOne People’s Choice Award for Best Budget Airline 2013 – 2015
- Platinum Award (Foreign Airline) - Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards 2014
- Low Cost Carrier of the Year - Payload Asia Awards 2014
- Foreign Airline of the Year (Southeast Asia) - KLIA Awards 2013
- Partner of the Year 2012 - Changi Airline Awards
- Largest Growth in Passenger Traffic from Singapore - Changi Airline Awards 2011
- Best Perceived Value in Domestic Transportation category, Japanese Customer Satisfaction Index (JCSI) Survey 2014, 2013
- Vietnam’s most popular e-commerce website for 2008
- Vietnam’s most popular e-commerce website for 2009
- Vietnam’s most popular e-commerce website for 2010
- Vietnam’s famous trademark in 2008